I was recently on a panel at Search Marketing Expo (SMX) where we talked about the idea of man vs. machine. Matt Van Wagner baited me the question: Who is better at PPC, people or technology?
It what might have been a surprising answer for a guy marketing ppc technology, I voted for people.
At the end of the day, you’ve got to have talented people driving the ship, regardless of what technology you use. Strategy and creativity are fundamentally human talents.
But, as anyone who has worked in search knows, creating a great PPC team is easier said than done.
That’s why I’m excited that ClickEquations is sponsoring the upcoming American Marketing Association webinar: How to Build a World Class PPC Team.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
A great paid search team can make the difference between okay results and rapid business growth. But how are today’s CMOs and VPs of Marketing are supposed to build highly effective and accountable teams when they face intense challenges? We know that:
- Paid search talent is hard to find
- Paid search is changing at an incredible pace
- It’s hard to know if a campaign is truly optimized. Could the ROI be higher? Could volume increase?
In this webinar, you’ll hear two case studies of companies who have created world class paid search teams and, most importantly, improved profit:
- Ian Lurie – President, Portent Interactive
- Drew Fortin – Senior Manager, Internet Marketing, Compete
You’ll learn why it’s critical to:
- Hire a complementary mix of creatives, technologists and analysts to meet the demands
- Build cross-functional teams with complementary skills
- Create an infrastructure of tools and technologies to leverage the team
The webinar is tomorrow (Tuesday), 3/29 at 1 EST / 10 PST. Register right here!