Bid Management in ClickEquations
ClickEquations includes powerful bid algorithms that make it easy to apply bid rules that can save you money and maximize your profits.
Managing Bids in ClickEquations
In ClickEquations you can manually set or modify bids on any keyword at any time, or you can apply bid rules to automate the process of adjusting bids based on performance.
There are three stages to the use of automatic bid management in ClickEquations.
1) Defining Bid Rules
You can define any number of bid rules which can then be freely applied to ad groups or keywords.
Each bid rule is based on an algorithm that has some specific goal – like Bid To Cost-Per-Acquisition (CPA) or Maximize ROI - and is then customized with options and settings that define how you want the rule to behave.
And each rule can be assigned to either submit bid changes automatically, or present them as suggestions for your review and approval.
2) Assigning Bid Rules
Once your bid rules have been defined, you can apply them to any ad group or keyword.
You can even assign one rule to an ad group and then over-ride it with a different rule for any keyword(s) within that group.
The bid rules run every evening, and automatic bid changes are submitted while new bid suggestions are presented to you for review.
Most bid rules include options which define the amount of historical data taken into account, and the amount of time after a bid change before the rule should re-test performance.
3) Reviewing Bid Automation Results
The bid rules you assign run each night. Every day you can review the results:
- The Bid Rule History page shows you all automatically-submitted bids, and reports on any rules which had conflicts.
- The Pending Bid Suggestions page presents the bids you asked to review, which you can then accept, modify, or reject.
With the robust bid automation features in ClickEquations you can be sure, even in large diverse campaigns, that your spending will be kept under control and your profit maximized.
Bid Rule ‘Intensity’ Control
ClickEquations allows you to define how ‘aggressive’ your bid rules are in seeking their defined goals. The control appears in the options section of each bid rule in the Bid Rule Settings page.
Higher intensity settings will spend money more liberally to seek the goal faster (raising the bid more dramatically to try and hit a target position, for example) and cut spending more slowly when trying to find the optimal bid. Lower intensity settings will slow bid increases but perhaps hit targets more slowly, or drop bids more quickly at the risk of sometimes over-shooting the target.
Global Bid Rule Options
ClickEquations also offers three global options which may over-ride the results of defined bid rules.
- Maximum Bid: Sets a maximum bid to ensure rule-generated bids never exceed a specified level.
- Minimum Bid Change: Defines the smallest allowable rule-based bid change. This limits the number of bid changes that will be made or that you’ll have to review.
- Position Bid Limit: Prevents bid increases when keyword average position already exceeds a specified level. This helps when you’ve determined that for certain keywords there is little or no marginal return above a certain position.
- Request a Demo
You can be up-and-running with ClickEquations in just a few days. Request a demo to see ClickEquations in action.
- Contact Us
Are you ready to start with ClickEquations? Call us at 866-360-0220, email email@example.com