October 2009 Release Notes
This release continues to expand the range and power of ClickEquations paid search management and reporting features for high volume advertisers and agencies. The new features in this release are:
- Performance Fields in Manager
- Historical Data
- International Multi-Currency Support
- Bidding Enhancements
- Enhanced Export Capabilities
ClickEquations now displays detailed performance data in the ClickEquations Manager, making it easier to prioritize and manage paid search accounts. Users can see detailed performance data at all levels (account, campaign, ad group, keyword, and text-ad) from any desired time period.
ClickEquations can now load 90-days of account performance history during new client setup. This allows new customers to benefit from ClickEquations more quickly.
ClickEquations can now support multiple concurrent currencies in customer shopping carts, and be used in circumstances where sales are conducted in one currency and reporting takes place in a different currency.
ClickEquations bid-rule options have been extended to give clients even more control over position preferences, lookback data, and data clustering.
- Bid To Position – Bid Rules based on our Position algorithm can now specify if they want to target any position exactly or as position minimum. Choosing the ‘Exact’ Targeting Method will cause bids to move up or down to hit the desired position. Choosing the ‘Minimum’ Targeting Method will not reduce the bid if the keyword is already in a position above the desired position.
- Bid To Margin, Bid To ROAS and Bid To CPA. Two new options enhance control over the data used to calculate bids using these algorithms:
- Clustering – This option makes it possible to use performance data from all keywords in an Ad Group when performing algorithmic calculations on low-data keywords. This enables or improves bid rule performance on many ‘long tail’ keywords which often have low click volume and therefore limited historical data.
- Expanded Lookback Period Options – When specifying the Lookback Period as a number of days, users can now specify the minimum number of clicks that must be available in order for the rule to perform bid calculations. This helps prevent rules from making bid recommendations or changes without sufficient data.
Users can export data at Account and Campaign levels. Added export filtering by selection at account and campaign level that allows for greater flexibility when managing existing or creating a new campaign structure. These features are used in conjunction with our bulk-sheet editing and bulk-importing capabilities which allow mass changes to be made to quickly within any account.