Deep Information Delivers Campaign Clarity
Data drives paid search.
You pay for clicks. You spend for conversions. And in between these two metrics you strive to understand how our keywords, text-ads, and landing pages are impacting results.
The more data you have, especially if it is complete and accurate and you have fast access to it, the better you can understand how your campaigns are performing and make wise decisions about how to improve them.
Complete And Accurate Data
ClickEquations gets paid search data from up to five different sources, so you have everything you need to understand performance and decide your next move.
- The Search Engines. Every day we get fresh data from Google, Yahoo, and MSN with details of the clicks you paid for and the impressions your ads received.
- People Clicking Your Ads. For each person who clicks an ad, we capture the search query they type, geographic data about them, and record their on-site activities and of course conversions.
- Hidden Metrics. Data the search engines have but don’t share via their APIs, such as four different Google Impression metrics.
- Proprietary Metrics. Unique information about your campaigns, such as how many clicks you missed by not being in position #1 or which ad-groups have too many keywords.
- Calculated Metrics. Define your own metrics based on calculations using the above data and/or any external information.
- 3rd-Party Data Sources. Connect directly to other databases for product, accounting, or other marketing information.
Why Manage PPC Accounts With Incomplete Data?
The search engine management interfaces only show you the data they want you to see. As professional paid search managers we know it’s not enough – key information is missing.
- Google reports only a fraction of the search queries, and only at the ad-group level. Yahoo and MSN don’t provide any search query reporting at all. In ClickEquations you’ll see nearly every search query tied directly to its keyword, match type, and text-ad.
- Google and Yahoo conversion reports only count orders - you can’t track the items (or SKUs) sold – which means you can’t define the cost-of-good-sold you so can’t calculate the true profitability of your campaigns. In ClickEquations you can track sku-level sales, define your margins, and track the true profitability of keywords, ad-groups, and campaigns.
As these examples show, with complete and accurate information you can make wise decisions – adjusting your keywords, shifting match-types, changing bids, and modifying text ads – to save money and increase revenue and profitability.
ClickEquations provides see everything you need, and our unique guidance reports take full advantage of this wealth of data to highlight key opportunities and areas needing improvement.